This position is primarily responsible for managing the accounts receivable and billing function of the business. This includes customer account collections, backup billing support, A/R aging reporting and tracking, and other related tasks. Daily interaction with senior management as well as project managers when working on customer account collections.
- Reviews incoming payments against supporting documentation and identifies client account information.
- Maintains payment processing files and provides copies and payment information to corporate accounting when required.
- Responds to internal and external client inquires and/or requests for information.
- Researches and processes client claims of invoice payment.
- Researches and processes charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
- Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up.
- Calls and/or mails correspondence to clients as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Maintains weekly conciliation reports by updating the aging report.
- Receives and records payments by arranging, posting, and balancing in monthly aging reports.
- Reviews reports and notifies manager of discrepancies.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves any account problems/variances.
- Processes invoices for AIA Billing, Service and Product Billings.
- Execute AIA Waivers and Liens, as needed.
- Collects delinquent accounts receivable.
- Follows up on delinquent accounts with phone calls, emails or letters until invoice is paid.
- Review Significant Items report on a scheduled weekly basis to status of problems and billing progress and communicate with CFO.
- Review Accounts Receivable report on a scheduled bi-weekly basis (or as needed) to update status of collection problems and billing progress and communicate with Finance management and other stakeholders.
- Conducts month-end close responsibilities (general ledger, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, and accounting transactions).
- Other ad hoc requests and/or duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to trouble-shoot issues, identify recommendations and positively influence business colleagues.
- Must have construction accounting experience, including, lump sum / fixed price billing, AIA invoicing documents, waivers and lien wavers, and change orders.
- Individual would ideally be proficient in Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook) and MasterBuilder (Sage) Software.