The Senior Architectural Designer will be responsible for the overall architectural design efforts on multiple AES projects. The Senior Architectural Designer will develop AES detail design drawings, lead design meetings with clients, coordinate daily with engineering staff, collaborate with various A/E firms, develop project specific code analysis and participate in project design reviews. This position will also require coordination on a daily basis with the Sales, Estimating and Construction departments. The Senior Architectural Designer will ensure quality control of architectural documentation as well as participate in developing technical solutions to project design challenges. This position will report directly to the Director of Architecture.
1. Will work directly with the Director of Architecture and VP of Engineering on business development and preconstruction services.
2. Will be responsible for the design and development of architectural documentation from Concept through to Detail Design on multiple projects.
3. Will direct and mentor less experienced architectural staff members.
4. Must have good understanding/knowledge of industry codes and standards.
5. Must possess working knowledge of construction materials and methods
6. Have the ability to effectively communicate with outside A/E firms
7. Have the ability to coordinate across all engineering disciplines.
8. Will participate in the development of architectural department standards and templates
9. Responsible for architectural quality control as well as shop drawing review.
10. Responsible for Construction Administration of designed projects.
11. Under the approval of the VP of Engineering, attend conferences, seminars and workshops
12. Coordinate with the AES Sales, Estimating and Construction departments as needed
13. Will coordinate with the AES manufacturing facility as required.
14. Coordinate with site installation team to ensure design documentation intent is met.
15. Ability to coordinate with Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) partners on architectural design solutions
16. Ability to travel on an as needed basis
- Bachelors of Architecture Degree from an accredited university…or 10+ years of architectural design experience in the Life Science Industry.
- Must have working knowledge of current building codes and standards.
- Thorough understanding of building systems and construction methods.
- Working knowledge of the following; AutoCad, Revit, Navisworks, Bluebeam, Microsoft office and Adobe Suite
- Excellent communication skills