The Senior Structural Engineer will be responsible for developing and preparing structural drawings, calculations, determining loading requirements and material analysis. Strong computer skills along with communication and technical skills are required. This position will require extensive experience in the use of Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD as well as structural modeling software. The Senior Structural Engineer will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering. The Senior Structural Engineer will communicate directly with the Architectural and Engineering Department design team as well as with the AES Manufacturing plant and installation crews on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the design, development and management of structural design across multiple projects.
- Prepare inspection and design reports as necessary.
- Must have strong understanding/knowledge of industry codes and standards.
- Must possess working knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Ability to successfully execute engineering analysis software to develop sound design solutions.
- Responsible for executing structural analysis to determine seismic design criteria.
- Ability to coordinate across all engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for structural shop drawing review.
- Maintain up to date structural design software while incorporating the latest versions/releases of all products.
- Under the approval of the VP of Engineering, attend conferences, seminars and structural workshops.
- Coordinate with the AES estimating and construction departments as needed.
- Coordinate with site installation team to ensure “as built” conditions are captured.
- Coordinate with A/E firms on structural design coordination and modeling.
- Coordinate with Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) partners on structural design solutions.
- Assist the AES design team with Product Development.
- Participate in Industry Organizations.
- 10-15 years of experience in structural design for Life Science Facilities.
- Professional registration is a requirement. Must also be a registered Structural Engineer in the state of California or have the ability to become licensed in California within 12 months.
- Proficient in the use of BIM software (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, etc).
- Proficient in the use of Bluebeam and MS office.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all building systems and construction methods.
- Excellent communication skills.