Sales Manager – Western Region
The Sales Manager has primary responsibility for AES business development activities within the Western Region. The Territory Manager will be a trusted resource for AES’ clients and partners focused on delivering solutions for end user companies that utilize clean manufacturing environments within the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries (not b2b pharmaceutical product sales). This sales professional is responsible to develop and execute strategic plans that deliver territory growth goals and ensure customer satisfaction. This leader will collaborate with clients to understand market demand for AES’ products and services, and will leverage internal assets, existing relationships, and develop new relationships to create net growth for the company.
- Perform professional business development and sales engineering activities in order to secure contracts for AES. The Territory Manager will be focused on delivering turn-key and envelope cleanroom projects. In order to be successful in this it is expected that the Territory Manager will have substantial face-to-face interaction with the client and providing corporate presentations highlighting the key advantages of AES Design Build. Focus will be on high level business development and massaging at the CEO/CFO and V.P. positions.
- Work with the AES Regional Sales Engineer (Irvine, CA office)
- Review draft proposal documentation and the project estimate with the VP of Sales and the lead estimator for each project. Strategize on final pricing and proposal format. Author the executive summary for the proposal offering to ensure that AES’ value proposition is clearly communicated and understood by the client
- Review the proposal with the client in order to properly position AES as the desired solution for the project. Coordinate AES resources as needed to close the sale, including the use of internal resources such as estimating, manufacturing, engineering and construction colleagues to enhance the probability of close.
- Manage the customer relationship during all phases of the sale cycle and ultimately throughout the lifecycle of the cleanroom.
- Responsible for using the Customer Resource Management (CRM) software to effectively manage accounts, opportunities, and sales activities. Maintains up-to-date information for use by the corporate management team in forecasting future business.
- Lead the project turnover process for “sold” projects to transition the customer and product to the AES design, construction, manufacturing, and quality teams.
- Provide technical support in teaming situations with other members of the sales team in order to enhance sales success. This includes managing local sales engineering support and integrating with corporate support team.
- Attend critical customer meetings during the course of projects and maintain regular communication with AES project leaders (e.g. pre-construction, engineering, quality, etc.) to ensure that projects are aligned with contractual and customer expectations.
- Be a customer advocate and work to resolve project or contract conflict if and when it arises.
- Create a strong personal and corporate profile within industry organizations (ISPE, PDA, BIO, Interphex, CAR/T, Cell/Gene Therapy) through attendance in society meetings, conferences, and tradeshows.
- Solicit, write, and perform presentations at industry events. These presentations are non-commercial in nature and focus on industry trends and solutions to problems, case studies, etc.
- Maintains a professional and winning attitude
- Never compromise integrity and actively embodies AES values at all times
- Communicates clearly, openly, and honestly
- Goal driven
Experience & Skills:
- Ideal candidate would have 5-10 years of territory and business development experience selling technical engineered products, systems, or capital projects. Preference would be given to candidates with experience within the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical markets. Candidates should have experience in areas of Facilities or Equipment such as:
- Modular Cleanroom Facilities for Bio/Pharma Processing
- Cell/Gene Therapy Process Facilities
- Aseptic Filling Equipment
- Isolation Technology
- Other related areas
- Four year college degree in a technical field such as engineering or business management and marketing.
- Seasoned experience with Microsoft Windows Office Suite including: Power Point, Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Experienced and dependable user of Customer Resource Management (CRM) software.
- Willing to work and travel as required to achieve business and financial objectives for the territory within the 14 western states, but with explicit strength in the Southern & Northern California Bio and Pharma Market.