The Purchasing Assistant’s primary role and responsibility is to process subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders for both product and construction projects. The Purchasing Assistant reports directly to the Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Assistant also closely monitors shipping dates for all materials and advises the Construction Project Team of status. The Purchasing Assistant is also involved with obtaining drawings and specs for product submittal approval.
- Creates and sends purchase orders and contracts to be sent to vendors and subcontractors from our project management system.
- Exceptional attention to detail needed creating purchase orders, tracking completed or pending work and handling confidential documents.
- Maintains individual reports and enters updates for all commitments.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Contact vendors on ship dates, necessary drawings, and expedited orders.
- Work directly with shipping company on orders and shipping instruction.
- Process and track all purchase order submittal cut sheets and drawings required for materials and equipment.
- Tracking orders shall be performed in parallel with Project Managers and Project Coordinators on all projects.
- Handle customer (product) and project manager calls regarding drawings, shipping, information requests, missing parts, problems with shipping/shipment etc. for product and construction.
- Fill out required paperwork for export documents and monitor border crossing shipments.
- Set-up project vendor notebooks and product files.
- Update and maintain Project Management system vendors and contact information.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Individual should be proficient in Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Creating PDF’s; DocuSign; Google Sharing; Contract Management systems; Database software; Inventory Software; and Order Processing Systems.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work environment is indoors.