The position of Project Development Engineer is responsible for the business development activities within an assigned sales region. This individual will be a trusted resource for existing and future clients and partners, and is focused on delivering solutions for end user companies that utilize clean manufacturing environments within the pharmaceutical and bio-pharmaceutical industries (not B2B pharmaceutical product sales). This sales professional is responsible for executing a territory sales plan and managing business development activities to deliver territory business growth goals and to ensure customer satisfaction. This individual will collaborate with clients to educate them on AES’ products and services, and will leverage internal assets, existing relationships, and develop new relationships to create net growth for the company.
- Performs professional business development and sales engineering activities in order to secure AES cleanroom contracts. Their focus will be on delivering turn-key and envelope cleanroom projects. In order to be successful it is expected that this individual will have substantial face-to-face interaction with clients educating them on technical products and service offerings.
- Actively participates in corporate strategic planning and directs activities in division that support and sustain the company’s profitability and growth.
- Provides leadership of all project development functions; including business development, marketing, estimating, and preconstruction services.
- Actively manages the customer relationship during all phases of the sale cycle and ultimately throughout the lifecycle of the cleanroom.
- Builds and fosters effective relationships with primary clients, A&E firms, CM firms, subcontractors, vendors, etc. within the division/region to leverage business opportunities.
- Reviews proposals with clients in order to properly position AES as the desired solution for the project. Coordinate AES team (e.g. engineering, estimating, construction, etc.) as needed to close the sale.
- Develops specific objectives and strategies to maintain an overall effective territory business development program. Within the assigned territory, secures profitable work necessary to achieve the territory and corporate growth goals.
- Provides guidance and direction to fellow team mates in identifying potential clients and desired scope of projects. Performs research to identify potential projects.
- Directs and supervises the development of major proposals, presentations, and marketing materials.
- Trains and assists project personnel committed in proposals to make effective presentations.
- Provides direction and stays active as necessary in the proposal and estimating review process, including “closing the sale”. Assists in final contract negotiations with clients as necessary.
- Facilitates the development and execution of bid and preconstruction strategy for assigned projects. Includes facilitating collaboration between estimating, preconstruction, and operations teams to review and identify strategy of bid related to front end documents, such as general conditions and indirect cost, contract terms, and other documents.
- Actively uses the Customer Resource Management (CRM) tools to effectively manage accounts, opportunities, pipeline and sales activities. Maintains the CRM with up-to-date and accurate information.
- Attend critical customer meetings during the course of projects and maintain regular communication with AES project leaders to ensure that the projects are aligned with contractual and customer expectations.
- Work to resolve project or contract conflict if and when it arises proactively and swiftly.
- Ensures the integrity of, and promotes the company’s brand strategy throughout the assigned territory.
- Ensures consistency of processes throughout the estimating and preconstruction functions, with a significant focus on quality control and accuracy.
- Bachelors of Science (B.S.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Engineering degree preferred.
- Individual should be proficient in Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Project Management Software; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); and Publisher Software. Expert in Presentation Software (PowerPoint).
- Ten or more years managing project development functions (estimating, business development, or pre-construction) within the construction or pharmaceutical industry.
- Ten or more years overall experience in mechanical design, pre-construction services, estimating, business development, project management, or combination required. Prefer experience in more than one of these functions.
- Requires travel (domestic & international) as business development work requires. Can be at times 50%+ within the geographical territory of responsibility.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.