AES Clean Technology, Inc. (AES) is looking for an experienced cost accounting professional to join our rapidly growing accounting team as a Plant Accounting Supervisor based in Suwanee, GA. The ideal candidate must be detail, high-quality and deadline oriented. The individual must be a team player who is able to work in a fast paced environment, leading the plant accounting function and staff, while at the same time be able to work and act independently.
AES is a Pennsylvania Corporation founded in 1986 with corporate headquarters in Montgomeryville, PA and a Manufacturing facility located in Suwanee, GA. AES designs, manufactures and builds modular cleanrooms and custom cleanroom equipment for a variety of manufacturing facilities to include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, life sciences and technology industries in compliance with various regulatory standards. AES employs an excess of 200 full time personnel.
- Reports to the Senior Project Cost Supervisor and will be a motivated / effective business partner to AES management.
- Responsible for oversight of cost accounting at the Suwanee, GA manufacturing facility.
- Finance business partner to collaborate and provide daily support to VP of Manufacturing and staff.
- Manages staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Prepare and /or review monthly journal entries.
- Perform and / or review monthly account reconciliations.
- Develop, interpret, and implement manufacturing accounting concepts, including a standard cost system.
- Ensures the Plant’s accounting processes and systems comply with company policies, applicable regulations, and provide required information.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial, production output, and other reports used to measure and control plant activities and costs.
- Analyze general ledger accounts and investigate differences in accounts versus expected values.
- Support month-end close / reporting.
- Ensure Plant financial information is accurate, timely, comprehensive and relevant to the AES business.
- Support for developing, implementing and maintaining internal controls that comply with AES requirements.
- Provide business support including the identification of key issues / trends and recommendations to improve performance.
- Various special projects, systems implementations (floor enhancements/automation to data collection), and ad-hoc requests.
- Be the “eyes on the floor”, combined with collected data that processes are in control, especially materials that leave the facility. Identify KPIs that help manage this process.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- An in-depth knowledge of manufacturing and cost accounting
- 15 or more years of experience as a cost accountant / supervisor in a discrete cost manufacturing environment.
- 5 or more years direct supervisory experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to trouble-shoot issues, identify recommendations and positively influence business colleagues.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- “Hands-on” end-user experience with ERPs; system implementations a plus.
- Position is based in Suwanee, GA.