We have a great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team at AES Clean Technologies. We are seeking a candidate for an opportunity to develop multiple projects from conceptual design to construction observation of cleanrooms and construction completion.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for developing construction documents inclusive of all associated mechanical system calculations, equipment scheduling and specification, and code compliance review. Working under the direct report of the Director of Mechanical Engineering, the Mechanical Engineer shall coordinate with internal and external engineers, architects, estimating & construction teams, as well as clients and subcontractors.
- 4-6 years of experience in mechanical design for Life Science Facilities
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical building systems
- Proficient in the use of BIM software (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, etc)
- Proficient in the use of Bluebeam Revu and MS Office
- Knowledge and understanding of building systems and construction methods
- Experienced in interpretation and application of national building codes & mechanical standards (ICC, ASHRAE, SMACNA, etc.) and energy codes (IECC, CA Title 24, etc.) and generating supporting code compliance documents (COMcheck).
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient attention to detail, organization, and multi-tasking
- Professional registration preferred but not required
This position is based at our HQ in Montgomeryville, PA and offers a hybrid schedule of 2 days/ week working from home. Some occasional national travel may be required. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including base salary, performance bonus, financial and medical benefits, and generous PTO, and a 401(k).