Primary role is for the total project for installation of the AES Pharma System and turnkey projects. PM maintain the project scope details daily, project safety requirements, Q/A plans daily, project schedule, interface with subcontractors, field requirements and handle all project change orders. Finalize all project closeout requirements, specifically punch lists and as built documentation. PM will coordinate all project efforts thru the PC.
- Maintain all safety regulations on project site.
- Project Manager reviews all project concerns with his supporting Project Coordinator on a daily basis for project scope.
- Project Manager to ensure subcontractors performs and follows all details per their contract.
- Confirm that all subcontractors and equipment/material installation task have a Q/A Plan and/or Commissioning Checklist.
- Review and confirm all AES design drawings and confirm that the drawings are in compliance to the AES scope of work / contract.
- Write up a daily report for project conditions every day and send to the project team. Review any problems that may have occurred and provide standing document in case of legal requirements or final review with Owner.
- Project Manager issues a detailed status letter weekly to client, AES Factory and all subcontractors involved with project to update current events and also project milestones that will be accomplished for each scope of work on the development of the project.
- Identify and document non-conformance of design to support Lesson Learned meetings.
- Follow all guidelines as documented in the Project Managers Manual. PM is to be totally familiar with the job site.
- Project scope of work and the subcontractor’s scopes of work.
- Work with SR PM/PC to maintain and manage all change orders for the project including change orders to the client, subcontractors, vendors and AES Atlanta. Change Order log will be updated weekly.
- Develop and manage all RFIs with Project Coordinators and Senior Project Managers pertaining to all physical barriers that develop in the field/site that were not established in scope of work and/or drawings.
- Maintain pre-construction workflow, project integration site duties, and workflow and project close-out work flow activities as listed. Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages up to 10 subordinate supervisors who supervise up to a total of 30 employees on the construction site. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the details that lead to the bigger picture; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety And Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Timely and reliable attendance is considered an essential job function.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management; or four to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Pharma Systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Database Software (Access); Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Contract Management Systems; Design Software; Project Management Software; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal communication and computer skills
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends.
- In-depth knowledge of project management processes and project execution best practices
- Reads and interpret mechanical drawings as required.
- Requires overnight domestic and foreign travel. Travel requirement will constitute 80% of the time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to review physical job site maneuvering through uneven terrain, climbing stairs, using ladders, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Work environment is indoors and outdoors.